Wash away the cobwebs of the cold season and invite the warmth with a little courage and at the annual Algoa FM Spring Dip.
“The traditional Spring Dip has grown so much since 2014 that we decided to celebrate by having the Daron Mann Breakfast Show (DMB) broadcast live for the first time from Hobie Beach on Spring Day,” says Algoa FM Programming Manager Baydu Adams.
The DMB team will be at Hobie Beach on 1 September from 6am to 9am to entertain the early risers wanting to make a splash on Spring Day.
Coastal Water Rescue will be present to assist in keeping all participants safe.
“As a rescue team we’ll be there to save lives, but at the same time we really enjoy the annual spring dip,” says Training Officer Chris Meister of Coastal Water Rescue.
“It’s a lot of fun.”
Residents of Port Elizabeth are encouraged to be at Hobie Beach at 7.00am.
The countdown for the dip will happen at 7.20am.
East London will enjoy its annual spring dip at Nahoon Beach where Algoa FM’s Afternoon Drive presenter Brian Ndevu will be the first to a take the plunge at the same time.
Author: Dohné Damons
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 4 Bedroom House to Rent in Lovemore Heights – Port Elizabeth in the News - 13 November 2019
- Pitso Mosimane says he is not losing any sleep over Kaizer Chiefs – Port Elizabeth Business News - 12 November 2019
- Mantis brings back top Lilizela Awards – MyPR.co.za - 12 November 2019
- Black Business Caucus leader and friend shot dead outside his home in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 12 November 2019
- Tim Before The Win – Team Sailing League Regatta - 12 November 2019