Wash away the cobwebs of the cold season and invite the warmth with a little courage and at the annual Algoa FM Spring Dip.
“The traditional Spring Dip has grown so much since 2014 that we decided to celebrate by having the Daron Mann Breakfast Show (DMB) broadcast live for the first time from Hobie Beach on Spring Day,” says Algoa FM Programming Manager Baydu Adams.
The DMB team will be at Hobie Beach on 1 September from 6am to 9am to entertain the early risers wanting to make a splash on Spring Day.
Coastal Water Rescue will be present to assist in keeping all participants safe.
“As a rescue team we’ll be there to save lives, but at the same time we really enjoy the annual spring dip,” says Training Officer Chris Meister of Coastal Water Rescue.
“It’s a lot of fun.”
Residents of Port Elizabeth are encouraged to be at Hobie Beach at 7.00am.
The countdown for the dip will happen at 7.20am.
East London will enjoy its annual spring dip at Nahoon Beach where Algoa FM’s Afternoon Drive presenter Brian Ndevu will be the first to a take the plunge at the same time.
Author: Dohné Damons
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Get it up – Team Sailing League Regatta - 22 January 2020
- SAA can not be rescued and must be liquidated - 22 January 2020
- Move scholar transport back to Education Department - 22 January 2020
- Chaos and uncertainty reigns with distribution of drought relief funding - 22 January 2020
- England’s Jofra Archer has Test recall in his sights – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 January 2020