Tomorrow, we celebrate World Teachers’ Day. The Democratic Alliance in the Eastern Cape would like to thank all of the teachers in the province for their dedication to educating our children.
Many teachers educate our children in non-conducive environments on a daily basis and our education system is in a state of crisis because of a shortage of teachers, a lack of basic resources, poor infrastructure and corruption.
For the 2018 academic year, we have teachers who have not yet received their salaries, some are exposed to violence and abuse from learners and others are forced to teach subjects that they are not qualified to teach because posts are not being filled.
The DA celebrates all teachers in the province who persevere under such trying conditions.
Thank you for your commitment to transforming our children’s lives and building one South Africa for all.
A DA-led government will bring the kind of change that ensures that both teachers and learners thrive in environments conducive to growth and development.
Viva Eastern Cape Teachers Viva!
Edmund van Vuuren
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Du Plessis, Rabada and Nortje return for Oz series – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 February 2020
- Ban on Livestock Auctions Lifted - 17 February 2020
- Humpback Dolphin Joy - 17 February 2020
- What is THAT Sticking up? - 17 February 2020
- Manuel shines at SA Moto-X champs – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 February 2020