A lucky Boardwalk guest became the casino’s second Duma Jackpot millionaire.
Gold card holder Mrs Carol Beneke was playing on her favourite Duma machine when the bells started ringing to tell her she had won R1 086 171,85 after playing around R500.
A regular visitor to The Boardwalk since it opened 13 years ago, Mrs Beneke is a MVG Gold Card Holder.
She had a premonition on Monday night when her husband pointed out the Duma winners pictured in Sun International’s Privé magazine.
She says she joked that she would be in a picture one of these days.
Mrs. Beneke, who is retired, says she will invest most of her winnings, and is considering paying off her daughters bond.
She was laughing and in shock after her win, and when she told her daughters, they did not believe her.
They will be joining her for a “small celebration” paid for from the winnings.
Duma is a group-wide Sun International jackpot, which was launched in March this year. The first Duma millionaire was a Boardwalk guest, who won R1 03221.70 in April.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kings and Cheetahs go Down Against Irish - 17 February 2019
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019