The JOHN EDWARDS TRIO will be launching their first album, ‘By the Baai’, at the NMMU South Campus Auditorium on Wednesday 27 February at 19h30. The trio features John Edwards on piano, Andrew Warneke on bass guitar and Devon van Rooyen on drums. The band has performed extensively for a variety of occasions including numerous public concerts and corporate events. In recent months, the trio has also featured a range of guest artists including the acclaimed jazz vocalist, Melanie Scholtz.
The album comprises original pieces composed by Edwards and arranged for the trio format. Although essentially a jazz album, the compositions are varied in style and include Brazilian and South African flavours mixed with classical, jazz and rock styles. In addition to playing a selection of pieces from the album, the trio will also play some of their favourite jazz standards including works by Abdullah Ibrahim, Chick Corea, Horace Silver, John Coltrane and The Modern Jazz Quartet.
The album will be on sale at the gig for R100. Entrance is R40 (R20 pensioners and R10 students).
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kings and Cheetahs go Down Against Irish - 17 February 2019
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019