South Africans have the opportunity to vote for the country’s very best boerewors, as the Top 3 recipes from the 25th annual Championship Boerewors competition are now available in all Shoprite and Checkers stores nationwide.
Consumers are encouraged to buy, braai and vote for their favourite between Friday, 18 August and Friday, 8 September 2017. By doing so, one lucky individual also stands the chance of winning a brand new Toyota Aygo.
A country-wide search to find SA’s No.1 Championship Boerewors kicked off in April this year when hundreds of entrants submitted their special recipes for consideration. Through various judging rounds, the contestants were whittled down to just three finalists: Queen Mathebula (from Malamulele, Limpopo), James Lebepe (from Atteridgeville, Gauteng) and Moses Mathebula (from Lenyenye, Limpopo).
It is now up to the South African public to have the last word by buying, braaing and voting for the recipe they believe deserves to be crowned the 25th annual Boerewors Champion.
The Top 3 finalists are all vying for the grand prize which includes a brand new Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 Double Cab Raised Body Raider as well as the honour of having one’s recipe crowned and sold as #SAsNo1. The winner will be announced at the Langa Sports Centre in Cape Town on Wednesday 13 September.
Shoprite and Checkers are proud of South Africa’s boerewors tradition and celebrate it every year by hosting the Championship Boerewors competition.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Too Early to Celebrate Decline in South Africa Rhino Poaching – MyPR.co.za - 21 February 2019
- PE Business News: Pressure rises for Cheetahs as PRO14 reaches business end - 21 February 2019
- Madibaz coach knows a tough road lies ahead – MyPR.co.za - 20 February 2019
- Mthatha News: SA photographer sells photo for record R1.7m - 20 February 2019
- Uitenhage News: Community’s Assistance Sought By Uitenhage SAPS [press release] - 20 February 2019