As part of their commitment to support and strengthen the local communities in which it trades, Checkers created an opportunity to encourage entrepreneurship amongst learners by giving schools a platform to sell pancakes at their local Checkers store on Saturday, 10 February, in support of Pancake Day.
Checkers provided them with the necessary ingredients, but the schools had to take charge of the project: from mixing the pancake batter to manning their stand, managing sales and exercising customer care. Schools were rewarded for their hard work by being permitted to keep all the proceeds.
Three of the schools from Port Elizabeth that participated included Seyisi Primary School, Bethelsdorp High School and Sipho Hashe Combined School.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Giants and Blitz seek to keep MSL momentum going – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Meet the accountant of the future - 20 November 2019
- Support Small Business in the Biggest Way Possible this Festive Season. Shop There. – MyPR.co.za - 20 November 2019
- @BobaniMayor Continues to ignore NMB drought crisis - 20 November 2019
- Eastern Cape government needs to cut costs to survive - 20 November 2019