As part of their commitment to support and strengthen the local communities in which it trades, Checkers created an opportunity to encourage entrepreneurship amongst learners by giving schools a platform to sell pancakes at their local Checkers store on Saturday, 10 February, in support of Pancake Day.
Checkers provided them with the necessary ingredients, but the schools had to take charge of the project: from mixing the pancake batter to manning their stand, managing sales and exercising customer care. Schools were rewarded for their hard work by being permitted to keep all the proceeds.
Three of the schools from Port Elizabeth that participated included Seyisi Primary School, Bethelsdorp High School and Sipho Hashe Combined School.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: Ranger shrugs off arrow in cheek - 20 October 2018
- PE Business News: Durban Heat begin MSLT20 with back-to-back home games - 20 October 2018
- October Fiesta anyone?! – Featured Blog - 19 October 2018
- Kouga Municipality secures R150 million to fight drought - 19 October 2018
- Uitenhage News: Uitenhage derby divides town - 19 October 2018