(Mthatha) – The young patients of the paediatric unit at Nelson Mandela Academic Hospital will forget their troubles for an hour or two with the delivery of some special treats on Mandela Day (Tuesday, July 18).
BT Ngebs City Shopping Centre has partnered with Famous Brands to honour the hospital namesake’s legacy by spending the symbolic 67 minutes bringing cheer and comfort to the more than 200 children in the paediatric, paediatric burns, neonatal, and neonatal high-care wards.
BT Ngebs City general manager Lolo Sabisa said two of the mall’s Famous Brands tenants, Debonairs and Mugg & Bean, would join the centre management team in delivering 67 pizzas and 67 slices of cake respectively to the children and nursing staff of the paediatric unit.
“Madiba spent 67 years of his life campaigning for social justice, so we have chosen to mark the day by focusing on some of the most vulnerable members of our community, our children. We will use our 67 minutes of community service to brighten their day.”
Nelson Mandela Academic Hospital, which is situated on the western side of Mthatha, is a government-funded teaching hospital forming part of the Mthatha Hospital Complex. It is the only hospital in the OR Tambo District with a dedicated paediatric unit, and receives referrals from other hospitals and community clinics.
Sabisa said the Mandela Day initiative was a small token of recognition for the medical care and services provided to the public.
“As the largest shopping mall in Mthatha, we are equally conscious of our role in serving our community and making life a little better for all.”
Follow BT Ngebs City on Facebook for more information.
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage in the news: Goodyear SA to invest R670m at Uitenhage factory - 24 June 2018
- Mthatha news: South Africa Government : Road Traffic Management Corporation on arrest of Mthatha motorist - 24 June 2018
- Bhisho news: Trufm’s 2018 tru Talent Awards - 23 June 2018
- King Williams Town news: Weather forecast forKing Williams Town, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 23 June 2018
- Let’s talk adventure with Tom Swartz, SURVIVOR SA castaway – Featured Blog - 23 June 2018