NSRI was en route to assist with a detangling operation.
The Riy Banks is a deep dive site famous for its steep and colourfull walls and situated around 20km from Hobie Beach. The the large horse shoe shaped reef area includes many dive sites and is home to colourful corals, a wide variety of game fish as well as sharks.
Keep checking MyPE to see images as soon as they are available.
In August 2016 NSRI were instrumental in freeing an entangled Humpback Whale off of Noordhoek. See: Entangled Humpback whale rescued in Port Elizabeth.
The proposed fish farms in Algoa are also cause for concern that entanglememts such as these will occur again.
The experimental Octopus Fishery in Mossel Bay was the target of ire when three Brydes Whales were found dead in Mossel Bay. See: Investigation into Bryde’s whales deaths underway.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Accounting Camp - 18 June 2019
- National Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Awards to be presented in PE - 18 June 2019
- SEDA Pitch and Perfect Roadshow - 18 June 2019
- Ironman 2020 Date Released - 18 June 2019
- Surf the Crest (Safely) with a ‘Top Secret’ Electric Cruising Catamaran - 17 June 2019