For the past 17 years, Bryan, from Perridgevale, Port Elizabeth has commented on the deleterious effects of the manganese ore dust.
Bryan has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “Your drop-down menu doesn’t include the deleterious effects of the manganese ore being inhaled by residents and visitors to the nearby beaches, upon which I’ve predicated my calculations (of at least R102 000 of medical bills over a lifetime). Get rid of this eyesore, and lung-infecting health hazard. The area currently occupied by the ore facility and tank farm could be a FAR greater asset to the city’s residents and tourists alike. Transnet paid nothing (nada, zilch) for this land – it was simply ‘appropriated’ by Government way back in colonial times. Therefore Transnet has no valid jurisdiction over the controversial area.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho news: Bereaved father starts drive to fix Limpopo schools - 21 March 2018
- PE in the news: Land Rover discovery delivers SA ‘rugby in a box’ - 21 March 2018
- Upcoming local events #ShareTheBay – Featured Blog - 20 March 2018
- Kingswood qualify for provincial hockey finals - 20 March 2018
- More than 300 SMMEs graduate from SANRAL’s training programme - 20 March 2018