For the past 17 years, Bryan, from Perridgevale, Port Elizabeth has commented on the deleterious effects of the manganese ore dust.
Bryan has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “Your drop-down menu doesn’t include the deleterious effects of the manganese ore being inhaled by residents and visitors to the nearby beaches, upon which I’ve predicated my calculations (of at least R102 000 of medical bills over a lifetime). Get rid of this eyesore, and lung-infecting health hazard. The area currently occupied by the ore facility and tank farm could be a FAR greater asset to the city’s residents and tourists alike. Transnet paid nothing (nada, zilch) for this land – it was simply ‘appropriated’ by Government way back in colonial times. Therefore Transnet has no valid jurisdiction over the controversial area.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE in the news: Air Partner Flies Lion Cub To Rescue Center - 23 July 2018
- Mthatha news: Konkco still King of the ring - 23 July 2018
- Makhanda in the news: Dance remains a festival drawcard - 22 July 2018
- PE Business in the news: Brics Business Council to address trade bottlenecks – Minister Rob Davies - 22 July 2018
- King Williams Town news: 2013 BMW 3 Series 320d A/t (f30) for sale in Eastern Cape - 22 July 2018