For the past 17 years, Bryan, from Perridgevale, Port Elizabeth has commented on the deleterious effects of the manganese ore dust.
Bryan has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “Your drop-down menu doesn’t include the deleterious effects of the manganese ore being inhaled by residents and visitors to the nearby beaches, upon which I’ve predicated my calculations (of at least R102 000 of medical bills over a lifetime). Get rid of this eyesore, and lung-infecting health hazard. The area currently occupied by the ore facility and tank farm could be a FAR greater asset to the city’s residents and tourists alike. Transnet paid nothing (nada, zilch) for this land – it was simply ‘appropriated’ by Government way back in colonial times. Therefore Transnet has no valid jurisdiction over the controversial area.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE in the news: PE teen dies in beachfront stabbing - 17 December 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: Feast of summer holiday fun in Bay - 17 December 2017
- Join the new South African Chat Rooms website - 16 December 2017
- Bhisho news: R5m hub for informal traders - 16 December 2017
- EC retailers ready for record-breaking festive season - 16 December 2017