An average of 125 paddlers participated in the 5th Annual Varsity College Breakfast Series, a month long race. Race days were on Sundays the 3rd, 10th, 24th and 31st of August at Sundays River in Port Elizabeth. Distances for the races ranged from 9km – 18km. A 2km Guppy race was held for the younger paddlers.
The aim of the Varsity College Breakfast Series is to provide paddlers with a platform to paddle in the winter in order to prepare themselves for the upcoming Breede Canoe Marathon and Fish Canoe Marathon.
Varsity College Sports and Social Coordinator Prajay Bhana says: “Varsity College strives to encourage their students to live a holistic lifestyle, by not only participating in student activities, but by also being actively involved in sporting activities”.
The Varsity College Breakfast Series is hosted by The Paddling Shop. All entrants who paddled the full series received a branded Merrell long sleeve paddling top, bacon and egg roll, coffee after each race and entry into the weekly lucky draw with prizes to the value of R3 000.
Author: A’neil Philander
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: 3 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in St Georges Park - 24 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Woman, boyfriend gruesomely murdered in Mthatha - 24 May 2019
- King Williams Town News: Long term forecast forKing Williams Town, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 24 May 2019
- Founders Lodge Scoops Two 2019 Boutique Hotel Guest Experience Awards – MyPR.co.za - 24 May 2019
- This is orange – Port Elizabeth - 24 May 2019