It was quite sad earlier today when I drove past the Boet Erasmus rugby stadium and saw how dilapidated to the once well known land mark had become. What is worse is that the perimeter wall and entrance has now become a dump site for contractors working in the area to get rid of their rubble.
On the subject of old buildings, why does the government or municipality not implement a law whereby the owner of that building has to keep it in a respectable condition. If the owner fails to do, then the building gets demolished and he is billed for all costs involved! This will also help eradicate unsavoury characters.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Ollie Pope Slams Maiden Test Ton As England Continue To Dominate The Third Test – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 January 2020
- Lawyers dump PRASA after failure to pay R19 million – News from GroundUp - 17 January 2020
- Bums Out More Please Guys! – Team Sailing League Regatta - 17 January 2020
- England becomes 1st to play 500 away Tests – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 January 2020
- England becomes 1st to play 500 away Tests – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 January 2020