Police in Humewood are baffled as to how the body of an infant (aged between 1-2 months old) was found buried in the sand on the beach in Summerstrand.
It is alleged that on Sunday morning, 11 February 2018 at about 09:00 a resident was walking her dog on the beach when the dog ran off. The dog found the partially buried infant in the sand. At this stage, the race and sex of the child cannot be determined due to the advanced state of decomposition. Police have opened an inquest pending the results of the post mortem report.
Police are appealing to the communities to assist them in either tracing the parents (mother) of this child or anyone who may know of any person who may have given birth recently and no longer is with a child. Any information given will be followed up. It is unusual for a child to go missing and not reported and to be found under such circumstances. Communities are urged to come forward and those responsible for such act must be held accountable. Anyone with information is asked to contact Humewood detectives on 041 5045088 or D/Lt Col Van Meyeren on 082 457 4606.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Search for missing child in Swartkops River - 15 September 2019
- Oil Tanker Crewman Uplifted - 15 September 2019
- Submit your NSFAS 2020 application now - 15 September 2019
- How can Cassper Nyovest ask for R50 000 for ONE tag? #LocalsShareTheBay - 15 September 2019
- Local teams raring to go as Guinness PRO14 season approaches - 13 September 2019