Police in Humewood are baffled as to how the body of an infant (aged between 1-2 months old) was found buried in the sand on the beach in Summerstrand.
It is alleged that on Sunday morning, 11 February 2018 at about 09:00 a resident was walking her dog on the beach when the dog ran off. The dog found the partially buried infant in the sand. At this stage, the race and sex of the child cannot be determined due to the advanced state of decomposition. Police have opened an inquest pending the results of the post mortem report.
Police are appealing to the communities to assist them in either tracing the parents (mother) of this child or anyone who may know of any person who may have given birth recently and no longer is with a child. Any information given will be followed up. It is unusual for a child to go missing and not reported and to be found under such circumstances. Communities are urged to come forward and those responsible for such act must be held accountable. Anyone with information is asked to contact Humewood detectives on 041 5045088 or D/Lt Col Van Meyeren on 082 457 4606.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Almost 37-million catalytic converters produced over the past 25 years - 25 February 2020
- Locally-assembled Bakkie is top-selling pickup in Europe - 25 February 2020
- Start your small business off on the right foot - 25 February 2020
- Empowering Growth and Development in the Region - 25 February 2020
- THIS is how to treat tourists - 25 February 2020