An estranged friend once told me that what you criticise the most is what you already are or what you aspire to be.
The Deputy Mayor of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, Mongameli Bobani is behaving like the apparent “Plaasbaas” Athol Trollip and the ANC he keeps on accusing of dispensing Patronage, among other aspirations of his own. Otherwise, how is one to interpret the bumptious enforcing of his political adviser to the Public Health executive directorate through his gung-ho point allocation in a public office-bearer interview (Weekend Post 3 June 2017)?
It seems this Deputy Mayor thinks he is the de facto Executive Chairman of the current uneasy Coalition and everyone else must dance to his roaring lion self-delusion and attention-seeking theatrics.
It might be premature to state this, but as they say in Afrikaans; “Jou tyd is verstreke Meneer.” Meaning Your Time Is Up, Sir
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mossel Bay police make first arrest for alleged rape filmed at party – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 November 2019
- “Right to protest a cornerstone of democracy” – News from GroundUp - 19 November 2019
- Netcare to spend R1.4bn in capex in coming year – Port Elizabeth Business News - 19 November 2019
- Surfing: JBay Surfer Matt McGillivray On Top Form In Hawaii – MyPR.co.za - 19 November 2019
- Southern Kings ready for Connacht clash – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 November 2019