An estranged friend once told me that what you criticise the most is what you already are or what you aspire to be.
The Deputy Mayor of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, Mongameli Bobani is behaving like the apparent “Plaasbaas” Athol Trollip and the ANC he keeps on accusing of dispensing Patronage, among other aspirations of his own. Otherwise, how is one to interpret the bumptious enforcing of his political adviser to the Public Health executive directorate through his gung-ho point allocation in a public office-bearer interview (Weekend Post 3 June 2017)?
It seems this Deputy Mayor thinks he is the de facto Executive Chairman of the current uneasy Coalition and everyone else must dance to his roaring lion self-delusion and attention-seeking theatrics.
It might be premature to state this, but as they say in Afrikaans; “Jou tyd is verstreke Meneer.” Meaning Your Time Is Up, Sir
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 2 Bedroom Townhouse For Sale in Lorraine, Port Elizabeth for R575 000 [video] - 21 April 2018
- 3 Bedroom House For Rent in Lovemore Heights Estate, Port Elizabeth for R20 000 [video] - 21 April 2018
- Mthatha news: South Africa: Police Operations Put Mthatha Crime Under a Tight Squeeze - 21 April 2018
- Madibaz women’s sevens team target further progress – MyPR.co.za - 20 April 2018
- Total Change needed for Grahamstown traffic officers - 20 April 2018