Blasting is scheduled to take place at the Wolwekop Quarry on Section 7 on the N9 between Middelburg and Carlton Heights on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 2pm.
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) says the road will be closed at a distance of 17.5 km from Middelburg on the Carlton Heights side, for approximately 15 minutes during the blast.
Motorists are requested to plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Thousands of jobs at risk as NMB Capital Expenditure plummets by 9% - 30 July 2016
- Mthatha news: Anele aims to be the queen of talk - 30 July 2016
- Grahamstown in the news: Looking into Dirk Frey - 30 July 2016
- J-Bay in the news: Wind power could breathe new life into Africa’s energy economy - 30 July 2016
- PE in the news: South Africa: SA Sailors Head for Rio and ‘Going to Graceland’ - 30 July 2016