Blasting is scheduled to take place at the Wolwekop Quarry on Section 7 on the N9 between Middelburg and Carlton Heights on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 2pm.
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) says the road will be closed at a distance of 17.5 km from Middelburg on the Carlton Heights side, for approximately 15 minutes during the blast.
Motorists are requested to plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha Legal Eagles Set to Soar - 1 June 2016
- Security tightened at Mthatha Airport ahead of Madiba’s body arrival - 31 May 2016
- Getting lost in the Redberry Maze in George – Featured Blog - 31 May 2016
- The Steakout - 31 May 2016
- Bhisho news: Silent asbestos killer in the classroom - 31 May 2016