Blasting is scheduled to take place at the Wolwekop Quarry on Section 7 on the N9 between Middelburg and Carlton Heights on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 2pm.
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) says the road will be closed at a distance of 17.5 km from Middelburg on the Carlton Heights side, for approximately 15 minutes during the blast.
Motorists are requested to plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- N2WCTR will turn business around for SMME owners - 29 March 2017
- King Williams Town news: South African Police Service - 29 March 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: Weather Update: SA to expect hot and windy conditions - 29 March 2017
- Oakbay responds for calls to withdraw from Gordhan application hearing - 29 March 2017
- Bhisho news: Serial rapist given 120 year sentence - 29 March 2017