Blasting is scheduled to take place at the Wolwekop Quarry on Section 7 on the N9 between Middelburg and Carlton Heights on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 2pm.
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) says the road will be closed at a distance of 17.5 km from Middelburg on the Carlton Heights side, for approximately 15 minutes during the blast.
Motorists are requested to plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 2016 Finalists for Africa’s Leading Youth Entrepreneurship Award – the Anzisha Prize – Break New Ground in Innovation and Representation - 26 August 2016
- The Hussar Grill has moved into our neighbourhood. – Featured Blog - 26 August 2016
- Bhisho news: Bhisho appeal judge reinstates Sebe’s nephew in Hewu - 26 August 2016
- Five tips for reward professionals in today’s tough socio-political climate - 26 August 2016
- Celebrate spring with a dip in the ocean - 26 August 2016