Blasting is scheduled to take place at the Wolwekop Quarry on Section 7 on the N9 between Middelburg and Carlton Heights on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 2pm.
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) says the road will be closed at a distance of 17.5 km from Middelburg on the Carlton Heights side, for approximately 15 minutes during the blast.
Motorists are requested to plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Out-of-cash EC Health Department means 2 000 fewer employees - 22 May 2017
- BOS Cape Crown presented by Billabong – Perfect Conditions on Final Day - 22 May 2017
- Celebrating 16 years in true Adventure Province style - 22 May 2017
- Competitive De Villiers ready to shine at Zuurberg - 22 May 2017
- Mthatha news: Prince’s ‘fake’ kidnapping probed - 22 May 2017