Blasting is scheduled to take place at the Wolwekop Quarry on Section 7 on the N9 between Middelburg and Carlton Heights on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 2pm.
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) says the road will be closed at a distance of 17.5 km from Middelburg on the Carlton Heights side, for approximately 15 minutes during the blast.
Motorists are requested to plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Skiing the pearly gates to Hogs Back Mt Hood - 26 October 2016
- Mthatha news: Panayiotou needed R750 000 to start sports bars, gambling business – ex-partner - 26 October 2016
- Uitenhage in the news: Panayiotou Trial: Bouncer’s girlfriend testifies - 26 October 2016
- Own a piece of the city you love - 26 October 2016
- Agriculture Entrepreneur from Madagascar wins $25,000 2016 Anzisha Grand Prize for African Youth Entrepreneurship - 26 October 2016