Blasting is scheduled to take place at the Wolwekop Quarry on Section 7 on the N9 between Middelburg and Carlton Heights on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at 2pm.
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) says the road will be closed at a distance of 17.5 km from Middelburg on the Carlton Heights side, for approximately 15 minutes during the blast.
Motorists are requested to plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage in the news: Graphic tribute to a heroine - 4 December 2016
- President Zuma congratulates team South Africa for maintaining sovereign rating status - 3 December 2016
- Mt Fletcher’s best ice skater - 3 December 2016
- Premium Blinds - 3 December 2016
- Siemens makes waves in South African wind market - 3 December 2016