3 June, 2016: Blasting is scheduled to take place on the R61 Section 8, between the Majola Tea Turnoff and Tombo, at 3pm on Wednesday, 8 June.
The South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL) would like to notify motorists that the road will be closed for approximately 60km from Mthatha CBD or 25.5km from Port St Johns from 2:55pm to 3:45pm.
“We request all residents to vacate all houses and schools near the blast area up to a radius of 500 by 2:45pm.
“We urge the motorists to obey the stop and go sections,” said Mbulelo Peterson, SANRAL Southern Region’s Regional Manager.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- ANC violates Constitution by trying to push through Sundays River Valley Municipality budget - 24 June 2019
- King Williams Town News: Commercial Property for Sale in Fort Hill - 24 June 2019
- PE Business News: Greenacres Lodge - 24 June 2019
- Makhanda News: All systems go for 45th National Arts festival - 23 June 2019
- Mthatha News: MTHATHA HIGH COURT - 23 June 2019