The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) would like to notify motorists of travel delays on the R72 between Port Alfred and Fish River due to blasting at Shaw Park quarry. The blasting will take place on Wednesday, 9 March 2016 at 3pm.
The road will be closed and motorists can expect a delay of 30 minutes.
The Shaw Park quarry is situated next to the R72, near the intersection of the R72 with the gravel road leading to Shaw Park.
“Motorists are requested to plan their trips accordingly and be cautious when making use of the road, and comply with the directions of safety personnel,” said Mbulelo Peterson, SANRAL Southern Region’s Regional Manager.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage News: Open manhole is an accident waiting to happen - 13 November 2019
- Recognise this guy, Bruce? - 13 November 2019
- Smile John! – Team Sailing League Regatta - 13 November 2019
- Pitso Mosimane says he is not losing any sleep over Kaizer Chiefs – Port Elizabeth Business News - 13 November 2019
- In sales how many NO’s do you receive before you get a YES? - 13 November 2019