October 12, 2016: The South African National Roads Agency Soc Ltd (SANRAL) would like to notify travellers that controlled blasting will take place on the R72 between Port Alfred and Fish River, on Monday 17 October and Tuesday 18 October 2016 from 2pm.
On Monday, 17 October blasting will take place at the Shaw Park Quarry. The road will be closed for approximately 30 minutes. The Shaw Park quarry is situated next to the R72, near the intersection of the R72 with the gravel road leading to Shaw Park. The quarry extends from the SANRAL kilometre markers 20,800 to 21,200.
On Tuesday, 18 October the road will be closed for approximately one-hour at the Kleinemonde East turnoff. The blasting site is situated next to the road. “Excess rock and debris will be removed from the road surface after the blast,” said Mbulelo Peterson, Regional Manager for SANRAL Southern Region.
“Motorists are asked to plan their trips accordingly and to use caution when making use of the road,” said Peterson.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Source: Port Elizabeth – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: England beat Pakistan in 5th ODI, win series 4-0 - 19 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Ernst Middendorp has made things worse at Kaizer Chiefs – Patrick Mayo - 19 May 2019
- Bhisho News: Peelton, a village with British history - 19 May 2019
- PE Business News: What’s in City Press business: BBC’s hopes for Ramaphosa; Green fund could save Eskom; Conservationists oppose Algoa Bay bunkering; - 19 May 2019
- Uitenhage News: ANC struggle stalwart Thobile Mhlahlo dies - 19 May 2019