A total of R14105, which will go towards Nal’ibali, was raised by Varsity College Port Elizabeth‘s VC Cares Committee at its recent Bingo evening on Friday, 3 June. The evening was just one event aimed at raising funds for Varsity College’s National 2016 Corporate Social Initiative, Nal’ibali, a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign, sparking children’s potential through storytelling and reading.
The Bingo evening had guests playing 10 single-house rounds and 1 full-house round with lucky draw prizes in between each round. Adding to the fun and excitement, 2 extra rounds were added – one for the ladies and one for the gentlemen.
“This Bingo evening is an initiative of the VC Cares committee, a Varsity College student volunteer body committed to creating awareness for and involving the wider student body in community projects with the aim of helping those less fortunate. The main focus is on social responsibility and empowerment”, says Jaci Howell, Student Relations Manager Varsity College Port Elizabeth.
Prizes for the evening consisted of a variety of items and the success from the event would not have been possible without generous sponsors. Varsity College would like to thank all sponsors for the prize donations. Sponsors for the evening included: NuMetro Walmer Park, Zelda’s Beauty & Laser Studio, Café Blend, Isango Gate Boutique Hotel & Spa, The Beach Hotel, Summerstrand Hotel, iThontsi Paintings, Café Restaurant, Exclusive Books Walmer Park, Jigsaw Hair Salon, Bee Gees, Sam Brown, Ryan Bowers, Neil Jansen and Nick Koumpan.
Author: A’neil Philander
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: 2 Foreign Nationals To Appear In Court For Kidnapping EC Businessman - 21 May 2019
- Uitenhage News: Hundreds of Uitenhage residents queue for houses - 20 May 2019
- Queenstown Girls’ High land SPAR hockey title – MyPR.co.za - 20 May 2019
- Woodridge hold off Collegiate in hockey thriller – MyPR.co.za - 20 May 2019
- PE Business News: Manufacturing Indaba Eastern Cape hosts breakfast presentations - 20 May 2019