Entrance fees at the annual SPAR Kirkwood Wildsfees have not been allowed to run wild, and will be the same as in 2017 – despite a bigger and better programme, says festival director Jenni Honsbein.
Included in the entrance fee is all the live entertainment by South Africa’s favourite musicians on the giant Wildsfees stage, supervised entertainment for kids in a special child-friendly festival-within-a-festival and a full day’s demonstrations, Walking on the Wildside and other activities.
“We are the only festival in South Africa with its own special kids’ festival, where the youngsters are free to go wild (under supervision) while the rest of the family enjoys the shopping and entertainment,” says Honsbein.
Kids entertainment covered by the entry fee includes entrance to the Christmas in July cave, complete with Father Christmas and his elves, face painting and other activities.
The young and young at heart can also meet and have their photos taken with some of their favourite TV characters.
Free entertainment will be presented in four separate – the giant main stage, the Flavoursfontein Beach Bar, the Coca-Cola Stage and the KykNET Leefstyl Plein stage. There will be more artists than ever on the main stage in 2018.
Included in the galaxy of stars will be nine artists on stage on Friday, 15 on Saturday and nine on Sunday.
- Adult tickets cost R150 per day for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- A weekend pass will be R350.
- For festival goers aged between seven and 17 tickets cost R70 per day for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and R150 for a weekend pass.
- For SASSA pensioners tickets can be purchased at the gate only for R100 per day for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Tickets are available from: Mafuta Padstal in Kirkwood, Westway Café in Cape Road, Port Elizabeth, and BZN Stationers in Uitenhage
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- What franchises need to lookout for from the Budget Speech - 18 February 2019
- Hyundai Kona EV Reduces me to Being a Little Boy in the Sweet Shop - 18 February 2019
- Black and Booth Emerge Victorious - 18 February 2019
- Man missing on the Sundays river - 18 February 2019
- Kings and Cheetahs go Down Against Irish - 17 February 2019