Big breeze for a spectacular start to the #volvooceanrace in #capetown today, the fleet set sail for #melbourne on Leg 3. The last time a Volvo Ocean Racer visited #mype was when Team Tyco limped in to the Port of Port Elizabeth for essential repairs during the 2001 edition. See some video here: https://youtu.be/9qe4nqbsP94 #sailing #regatta – Taken by the Editor whilst wandering aimlessly about pretending to be in the know.
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Black triumphs in toughest Indian Ocean swim in the world - 21 April 2018
- And we are back on the North End Lake for the ABYC Interclub - 21 April 2018
- Today’s Traffic Hooligan is HZP 366 EC - 21 April 2018
- Literacy is the gateway to a better future - 20 April 2018
- Diarise 7 April 2019 Ironmen (and women) - 20 April 2018