Southern Kings captain, Schalk Ferreira, is the side’s only injury casualty from the weekend’s match against the Cell C Sharks in Durban.
In a hard-fought encounter at Growthpoint Kings Park on Saturday, where the Southern Kings suffered a narrow 17-19 defeat to the Cell C Sharks, the Eastern Cape side also lost the influential captain through a biceps injury.
Southern Kings doctor, Konrad von Hagen, confirmed that Ferreira would undergo scans late on Monday to assess the full extent of the injury.
The team was pleased not to have sustained any other injuries.
Centre Luzuko Vulindlu, who sustained a concussion against the DHL Stormers at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Round 3 of the Vodacom Super Rugby, has made good progress and is undergoing the return to play protocol.
Dr Von Hagen is also pleased with the progress being made by the players who are on the long-term injury list.
Flanker CJ Velleman (knee) is on track to making a return to action in April.
Lock Cameron Lindsay (knee) and scrumhalf Rudi van Rooyen (ankle) are also making good progress with their recovery.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Elephants Trampled by Western Province - 22 April 2018
- Greening the Port of Port Elizabeth with Solar - 22 April 2018
- Desert Diamond crew member transferred - 22 April 2018
- Black triumphs in toughest Indian Ocean swim in the world - 21 April 2018
- And we are back on the North End Lake for the ABYC Interclub - 21 April 2018