There is currently a scam doing its rounds on WhatsApp or SMS claiming to be a SPAR survey.
The SPAR Group Merchandise Executive, Mike Prentice said; “Please do not respond to this as it is a hoax and in no way linked to SPAR. It would appear that by proceeding with this fictitious survey, that users are inadvertently subscribing to a daily charge of R7.”
This is the type of scam that major banks have been dealing with for many years and there is no way of shutting them down permanently.
The best defence is to communicate and warn as many people as possible via your social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Repairs Completed Ahead of Schedule - 26 March 2019
- Required Reading for Cape Town People - 26 March 2019
- Garden Court Relaunch - 26 March 2019
- Consumers cautioned against sacrificing insurance to offset looming financial pinch - 26 March 2019
- There’s an energy revolution happening in villages and towns across Africa - 26 March 2019