There is currently a scam doing its rounds on WhatsApp or SMS claiming to be a SPAR survey.
The SPAR Group Merchandise Executive, Mike Prentice said; “Please do not respond to this as it is a hoax and in no way linked to SPAR. It would appear that by proceeding with this fictitious survey, that users are inadvertently subscribing to a daily charge of R7.”
This is the type of scam that major banks have been dealing with for many years and there is no way of shutting them down permanently.
The best defence is to communicate and warn as many people as possible via your social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Standard Bank IRONMAN 70.3 South Africa Entries Open - 21 May 2019
- Traditional welcome for Anna of The Ocean Race technical team - 21 May 2019
- Working on the pitch - 21 May 2019
- Is your business covered for loss of income? - 20 May 2019
- Stadium ‘sails’ - 20 May 2019