Port Elizabeth: The SAPS back-to-basic approach on enhanced and intensive police visibility continues to yield positive results in the Bethelsdorp area. During the early hours of this morning, 09 March 2018, members from Bethelsdorp were patrolling Greenfields area when they noticed three suspicious males walking in the direction of their approaching vehicle.
One of them was carrying a plastic bag with him. As soon as the patrol van approached them, they dropped the bag and started running in different directions. On inspecting the contents inside the bag, the members found detonator wires. The Bomb Disposal Unit was contacted and confirmed that these were explosive detonator wires commonly used to blast ATM’s. No suspects were arrested and the wires were confiscated.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Standard Bank IRONMAN 70.3 South Africa Entries Open - 21 May 2019
- Traditional welcome for Anna of The Ocean Race technical team - 21 May 2019
- Working on the pitch - 21 May 2019
- Is your business covered for loss of income? - 20 May 2019
- Stadium ‘sails’ - 20 May 2019