The Democratic Alliance extends its best wishes to the 87 353 Grade 12 learners in the Eastern Cape who will be writing their matric final exams from Monday, 23 October 2017.
It is our sincere hope that you will achieve high-quality results that will enable you to either continue with tertiary education, to enter the job market or to become a young entrepreneur. Education is the foundation for opportunity. Your determination to get a quality education is what will prepare you to become the leaders of the future.
We trust that the 20 956 progress learners in the province have received the necessary support from the Department of Education on this final lap of their school careers.
We commend all our matrics for their hard work and determination. This often happens under trying circumstances with teacher shortages, lack of subject content, inadequate scholar transport, mud schools, poor toilet facilities and an unpleasant learning environment.
We commend our educators who put the future of our children first, despite the numerous challenges in the Eastern Cape.
Matrics, work hard and burn the midnight oil. We believe in you.
Edmund van Vuuren
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- City of Cape Town moves to evict occupiers of old circus school – News from GroundUp - 15 December 2019
- Sharing the magic of mosaics – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 December 2019
- Six-year old wounded in PE shooting – three arrested – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 December 2019
- Two gang members arrested for attempted murder: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 December 2019
- Sedgefield: A Garden Route summer in SA’s first ‘Slow Town’ – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 December 2019