Visit and explore Fort Beaufort accommodation choices.
Click here to submit your favourite Eastern Cape Videos.
A MyPE Fort Beaufort selected video for you:
http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00be-05a2-c0d9?ytv5=1 The best pictures of Fort Beaufort taken by travel bloggers at TravelPod.com the web’s premier travel blogging platform. Slideshow created at TripWow.com by TripAdvisor™.
Top Pics of Fort Beaufort
– “Hogsback – Madonna and Child Falls” by Vermaakjeanne from a blog titled “Away with the Fairies”
Excerpt: “Having managed to obtain my motorbike learners license I could now legally and freely travel around on my newly acquired bike without being concerned that I’d be stopped by traffic officers along the way and fined. A trip was immediately planned after it was confirmed that I’d passed. Initially we planned on heading down to Coffee Bay for a few days but unfortunately with it being December and that schools and universities had already closed for the summer holidays, everything in Coffee Bay was already fully booked. Our backup plan was to head on through to Hogsback instead. We rode back routes all the way from Queenstown to Cathcart to Stutterheim and then on through to Hogsback. I think the last time I’d been in the area must’ve been about 13 years ago, so it was beautiful to see again. I just love the landscaping… and the thing I really loved about riding through on the bikes opposed to driving through with a vehicle was that getting there was part of the fun. The fun didn’t start only once you’d arrived. We stopped numerous times along the way either to take photographs or to eat or just to take a break. My back has been giving me troubles for about 3 years now, and it was taking shots sitting on the bike for extended periods of time so it was good just to get off and lie down for short periods of time. Once we arrived in Hogsback, we found our backpackers, Away with the Fairies, booked ourselves some dinner and settled in. The food at the place was really good. It was quite an eye opener for me in the sense that I’d never really been in “tourist” areas in South Africa where accommodation, tours etc are marketed to foreigners. It was really good to see though. The following morning we did a 5 hour hike through the forests, stopped at the Bridal Veil and Madonna and Child waterfalls. We did the hike really slowly but were quite tired by the time we reached the backpackers again. We were lucky enough to see some Knysna Loeries. We left the following day to go ” …
– “Hogsback – Scenic Road” by Vermaakjeanne from a blog titled “Away with the Fairies”
– “Hogsback – Bridal Veil Falls” by Vermaakjeanne from a blog titled “Away with the Fairies”
– “Hogsback – Scenic Route – Bluegum trees” by Vermaakjeanne from a blog titled “Away with the Fairies”
More from Fort Beaufort at http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-city/South%20Africa/Fort%20Beaufort/tpod.html
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: NOT ONE TOILET IN WORKING ORDER! - 17 February 2019
- PE Business News: Perera takes Sri Lanka to sensational win in South Africa - 16 February 2019
- Omotoso whistle-blower donates food to PE homeless [video] - 16 February 2019
- 4 Bedroom House For Sale in Walmer, Port Elizabeth for R4 250 000 [video] - 16 February 2019
- Makhanda News: 2,000 students across SA to be awarded CETA bursaries - 16 February 2019