The DA can confirm that the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) will proceed with a disciplinary hearing against Bell Pottinger following the DA’s complaint that it sowed racial divisions in South Africa.
The DA welcomes the PRCA’s decision to institute a disciplinary hearing into the conduct of the Guptas’ PR firm.
Both the DA and Bell Pottinger are now required to submit summaries of our cases and copies of all documents, to be considered as evidence, within 10 working days.
The hearing is set to commence on Friday, 18th August 2017, in London.
Bell Pottinger designed and carried out a hateful and divisive propaganda campaign for the Guptas and the Zumas in our country, which is still dealing with a very painful past.
The DA welcomes that this hearing will go ahead as we must stand up to those who seek to divide us.
The South African public stood up against Bell Pottinger in South Africa and in London and we will continue to do so. We will also continue to push Bell Pottinger for full disclosure of their Gupta account and that the money from this account be paid back to South Africa
The DA looks forward to making our representations at the hearing so that we can ensure Bell Pottinger is held accountable for their actions.
Phumzile Van Damme MP
DA Shadow Minister of Communications
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: Ford Begins Vehicle Exports From Port Elizabeth To Europe - 21 April 2019
- Bhisho News: Driver arrested at scene of fatal accident in George - 21 April 2019
- Uitenhage News: Makita concrete cutter - 21 April 2019
- Mthatha News: WSU secures interdict amid chaos in Mthatha - 20 April 2019
- PE Business News: Atlas assists public during citizen’s arrest in PE - 20 April 2019