Beets are a fairly common root vegetable, but they are by no means average when it comes to nutrition. This earthy superfood is one of the best blood purifiers and blood builders, instrumental in the production of red blood cells.
1 medium orange, peeled and quartered
3 kale leaves
1 medium apple, cut into wedges
1 medium carrot, cut into thirds
1 large beet, peeled and cut into wedges
1 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger
Ice cubes (optional)
Juice the ingredients in the order shown.
Pour juice into two glasses filled with ice cubes.
Stir to distribute flavors.
Time: 5 minutes
Feeds: 1 people
Author: Jenny Travens
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Kwik, safe modular classrooms for Ngcobo school – MyPR.co.za - 14 November 2019
- Tragic passing of amaXhosa King, Zwelonke Sigcawu - 14 November 2019
- Keeping up with the Jones’ – Team Sailing League Regatta - 14 November 2019
- Shelter from the storm – Port Elizabeth - 14 November 2019
- Uber had track record of crashes before Arizona fatality – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 November 2019