Do you find shopping for healthy food options a challenge, and are you accidentally making mistakes that are de-railing your healthy intentions?
Can you DEcode the E codes?
Join Dr Margo de Kooker for a health-focused walkabout through two of Port Elizabeth‘s food stores. Learn how to inspect the produce, interrogate the foods on the shelves, look at labels, and learn a lot about eating for optimal energy, as well as leaning what to ask for from the stores we shop at.
There are also some hidden gems in the stores, so let’s look at the healthy choices that are out there, as well as uncover the health frauds.
Spend a fun filled 2 hours and enjoy a complimentary beverage at one of these stores:
- Waterfront Superspar Humewood Tuesday 27th March, Thursday 5 April and Saturday 14 April 9am-11am
- Hunter’s Retreat Superspar Monday 26th March 9am -11am
Please book early as Margot will only be taking groups of 6 at a time.
Contact Dr Margo de Kooker at email@example.com. or Message at 0829269742
Become a conscious consumer in a confusing marketplace.
Things that may be covered in the grocery store tours:
- Reading labels, including which ingredients to avoid
- Choosing healthy snacks
- Natural and artificial sweeteners (the good, the bad and the ugly)
- Grocery shopping for people with allergies and food sensitivities
- Foods to gravitate toward and which foods to steer clear of.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Who is your money on? Kings or Cheetahs? - 25 April 2018
- Vasco Da Gama Ocean Race Live Tracking - 25 April 2018
- Rhodes Res Names to Change - 24 April 2018
- Open invitation to submit ideas for new City landmark and iconic destination - 24 April 2018
- Prestigious Substantial Prize for PE’s Ubuntu Pathways - 24 April 2018