Do you find shopping for healthy food options a challenge, and are you accidentally making mistakes that are de-railing your healthy intentions?
Can you DEcode the E codes?
Join Dr Margo de Kooker for a health-focused walkabout through two of Port Elizabeth‘s food stores. Learn how to inspect the produce, interrogate the foods on the shelves, look at labels, and learn a lot about eating for optimal energy, as well as leaning what to ask for from the stores we shop at.
There are also some hidden gems in the stores, so let’s look at the healthy choices that are out there, as well as uncover the health frauds.
Spend a fun filled 2 hours and enjoy a complimentary beverage at one of these stores:
- Waterfront Superspar Humewood Tuesday 27th March, Thursday 5 April and Saturday 14 April 9am-11am
- Hunter’s Retreat Superspar Monday 26th March 9am -11am
Please book early as Margot will only be taking groups of 6 at a time.
Contact Dr Margo de Kooker at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Message at 0829269742
Become a conscious consumer in a confusing marketplace.
Things that may be covered in the grocery store tours:
- Reading labels, including which ingredients to avoid
- Choosing healthy snacks
- Natural and artificial sweeteners (the good, the bad and the ugly)
- Grocery shopping for people with allergies and food sensitivities
- Foods to gravitate toward and which foods to steer clear of.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Deputy President David Mabuza on Nelson Mandela Day - 18 July 2018
- Presiding Officers of Parliament on Nelson Mandela International Day - 18 July 2018
- 100 Minutes for 100 Years - 18 July 2018
- Feeding the needy on Mandela Day - 18 July 2018
- Sowing Good Seeds in the Baakens Valley for Mandela Day - 18 July 2018