NSRI have been informed that the body, believed to be that of the 10 year old male child who went missing with his father in the sea at Beach View, Eastern Cape, on Saturday, has been located and recovered from the surf yesterday, Monday, 24th December, near to where he and his dad were reported to have gone missing.
The body of the child has been taken into the care of the Forensic pathology Services and Police have opened an inquest docket.
Police are continuing in a search for the child’s father who remains missing.
Condolences are conveyed to family.
At 21h06, Saturday, 22nd December, NSRI Station 6 Port Elizabeth were alerted to reports of a father and son missing in the sea at Beach View.
It appears that the father, 35, his son, 10, from Beach View, and his nephew, 16, from Algoa Park, launched a canoe to go fishing in calm seas at approximately 18h00. Their craft is believed to have capsized at around 19h00 about half a kilometer off-shore and the teenager swam to shore at 20h15 and ran home to raise the alarm.
The missing man’s wife and her sister went to the scene to start a search and they located the canoe washed ashore and they raised the alarm.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why Eskom’s System Remains Vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- Eskom system remains vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- 15% Increase in 2019 Black Friday transactions expected - 12 November 2019
- Don’t Assume - 12 November 2019
- Siya Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour - 11 November 2019