NSRI have been informed that the body, believed to be that of the 10 year old male child who went missing with his father in the sea at Beach View, Eastern Cape, on Saturday, has been located and recovered from the surf yesterday, Monday, 24th December, near to where he and his dad were reported to have gone missing.
The body of the child has been taken into the care of the Forensic pathology Services and Police have opened an inquest docket.
Police are continuing in a search for the child’s father who remains missing.
Condolences are conveyed to family.
At 21h06, Saturday, 22nd December, NSRI Station 6 Port Elizabeth were alerted to reports of a father and son missing in the sea at Beach View.
It appears that the father, 35, his son, 10, from Beach View, and his nephew, 16, from Algoa Park, launched a canoe to go fishing in calm seas at approximately 18h00. Their craft is believed to have capsized at around 19h00 about half a kilometer off-shore and the teenager swam to shore at 20h15 and ran home to raise the alarm.
The missing man’s wife and her sister went to the scene to start a search and they located the canoe washed ashore and they raised the alarm.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kirsty Iversen at Work - 22 January 2020
- The Market Leader in Medium and Heavy Commercial Segments - 22 January 2020
- Oversight inspection at Jubilee Park Primary, Uitenhage - 22 January 2020
- How to choose the the correct legal status for your business - 21 January 2020
- Tell That to the Victims! - 21 January 2020