Beaches in the Port Alfred area have been re-opened by the Ndlambe Municipal authorities.
Ndlambe Municipal authorities and NSRI continue to urge bathers swimming in the sea and surfers and paddlers to always be cautious and in light of the shark incident at East Beach yesterday, Wednesday, 10th July, a safety advisory remains in place.
Bathers, surfers and paddlers around the coastline are always urged to be safety conscious, exercise caution and remain alert when swimming, surfing and paddling in the ocean.
This follows a Wednesday, 10th July Shark incident at East Beach, Port Alfred, and safety advisory.
At approximately, 10h30, Wednesday, 10th July, NSRI Port Alfred duty crew were activated following reports of a surfer, a local man, aged in his early 20’s, bitten on the leg by what appeared to be a juvenile White shark while surfing with friends at East Beach, Port Alfred.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Paul Gardiner says; “It is Time” - 16 July 2019
- MonsterJam Poker Tour - 16 July 2019
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019