(Port Elizabeth) – Green-fingered Bay residents whose gardens have suffered under the current drought conditions will find fresh inspiration when the third annual Spring Garden Show comes to Baywest Mall this week.
From Thursday until Sunday, the mall’s Central Court will be transformed into an oasis of outdoor artistry, with five garden displays created by Sherwood Garden Centre in association with participating mall tenants.
According to Baywest Mall marketing manager Lindsay Steele, visitors can look forward to a variety of garden designs, including a patio and formal garden as well as drought-sensitive options such as Zen, fynbos and water-wise gardens.
“It’s always a pleasure for us to welcome the new season officially and to bring the beauty of outdoors indoors,” said Steele.
“Our aim is to promote a love of gardening, and to show people that it is still possible to have a beautiful and creative garden while being mindful of water restrictions.”
She said this year’s show would be a bit different from the previous two editions for a further reason.
“This year, we have also introduced patio and garden furniture. The focus is on gardening and outdoor living as a whole, not just the plants,” said Steele.
She said the garden displays would be a work in progress throughout the weekend, with the nursery team moving from garden to garden and building on each landscaped design.
“This provides the public with an ideal opportunity to see how a garden is created from scratch.”
Mall tenants House & Home, Cielo and @home would supply the outdoor and patio furniture ideas that bring the human, lived-in element to outdoor spaces, said Steele.
The Spring Garden Show will be open from 9am daily and admission is free.
Source: Port Elizabeth – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 3 Bedroom Townhouse to Rent in Greenshields Park – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 November 2019
- Patel’s spokesman dodges questions on Lottery – News from GroundUp - 13 November 2019
- Ntseki banking on Bafana’s away record ahead of Ghana clash – Port Elizabeth Business News - 13 November 2019
- Southern Kings played a hand in the careers of some World Cup-winning Springboks – Port Elizabeth in the News - 13 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Open manhole is an accident waiting to happen - 13 November 2019