Silke and Rainer Schimpf (Sardine Run PE) took this photograph the day after the sinking of the Crayfishing boat Baratz off of Cape Recife.
At 14h00, Thursday, 26th November, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew were activated by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) following a request for urgent assistance from the 29 meter steel Crayfish boat Baratz reporting to be taking water with no motor power and adrift at sea South East of Cape Recife, Port Elizabeth, with 25 crew onboard in rough sea conditions of 4 to 5 meter swells and up to 20 knots South Easterly winds.
All crew were brought to shore safely aboard SAAF helicopters and a roll call confirmed that all casualty crew were accounted for and safe and in the care of EMS paramedics and NSRI rescuers.
Date: November 27, 2015 17:14
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Elderly couple robbed on their farm in Eastern Cape – Port Elizabeth in the News - 29 February 2020
- Datatec unit acquires German telecoms consulting firm – Port Elizabeth Business News - 28 February 2020
- The day Ford put us to work in its Port Elizabeth engine factory – Port Elizabeth in the News - 28 February 2020
- Top Action Sports Event ULT.X Headed For Sun City – MyPR.co.za - 28 February 2020
- SAA continues to trade at the expense of the poor and the hungry - 28 February 2020