Silke and Rainer Schimpf (Sardine Run PE) took this photograph the day after the sinking of the Crayfishing boat Baratz off of Cape Recife.
At 14h00, Thursday, 26th November, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew were activated by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) following a request for urgent assistance from the 29 meter steel Crayfish boat Baratz reporting to be taking water with no motor power and adrift at sea South East of Cape Recife, Port Elizabeth, with 25 crew onboard in rough sea conditions of 4 to 5 meter swells and up to 20 knots South Easterly winds.
All crew were brought to shore safely aboard SAAF helicopters and a roll call confirmed that all casualty crew were accounted for and safe and in the care of EMS paramedics and NSRI rescuers.
Date: November 27, 2015 17:14
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage News: South Africa Tyre Market Report 2019: State of the Industry, Influencing Factors, Competition, Industry Associations, Competitive Landscape - 14 October 2019
- Working World Exhibition 2020 – MyPR.co.za - 14 October 2019
- Visit South Africa’s stunning Eastern Cape and KwaZulu Natal provinces for a ‘road trip of a lifetime’ – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 October 2019
- Winds of change for Bafana Bafana – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 October 2019
- PE murder victim still not identified – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 October 2019