Silke and Rainer Schimpf (Sardine Run PE) took this photograph the day after the sinking of the Crayfishing boat Baratz off of Cape Recife.
At 14h00, Thursday, 26th November, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew were activated by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) following a request for urgent assistance from the 29 meter steel Crayfish boat Baratz reporting to be taking water with no motor power and adrift at sea South East of Cape Recife, Port Elizabeth, with 25 crew onboard in rough sea conditions of 4 to 5 meter swells and up to 20 knots South Easterly winds.
All crew were brought to shore safely aboard SAAF helicopters and a roll call confirmed that all casualty crew were accounted for and safe and in the care of EMS paramedics and NSRI rescuers.
Date: November 27, 2015 17:14
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: NINE LIFE SENTENCES FOR COP KILLERS! - 17 June 2019
- Uitenhage News: Weather forecast forUitenhage, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 17 June 2019
- PE Business News: Mourners pay last respects to ANC stalwart Thobile Mhlahlo - 17 June 2019
- 24 Hour Dinghy Race – 2017 – Port Elizabeth - 17 June 2019
- Bhisho News: Buffalo City - 17 June 2019