Bagshaw Footwear is proud to have been honoured as one of the Top 50 Companies in Nelson Mandela Bay in the manufacturing category as a long-term investor in the Bay.
Recognised as a company that has committed to local job creation, sustainability, economic growth as well as demonstrating confidence in the area, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality (NMBM) presented the award to Bagshaw Footwear’s Chief Operating Officer, Kevin van Staden, at this morning’s award breakfast hosted by Executive Mayor, Danny Jordaan.
An initiative by Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, the Top 50 Awards aims to recognise and honour leading Nelson Mandela Bay-based companies for their confidence in the region and contributions to the economic growth of the local economy.
“It is such an honour to receive this award and recognition. Port Elizabeth is the ideal location for us to conduct local and export business. Our in-house dispatch facility benefits from having the harbour on our doorstep, allowing us to deliver our footwear to destinations throughout the world,” comments van Staden.
Bagshaw Footwear forms part of BBF Safety Group (Pty) Ltd., the largest manufacturer of safety footwear in Southern Africa, and has seen a tremendous growth in its sales and production outputs in recent years. “We have invested a significant amount of energy and money in advanced computerised and robotic machinery within our production facility. Linked to this, our employees are continuously invested in through training initiatives to ensure their skill set is advanced for the industry as well as versatile in application,” concludes van Staden.
Author: Kimberley Ogden
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Nelson Mandela Bay Giants skipper backing team to keep delivering the goods – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 November 2019
- More train stations vandalised after jobs threatened – News from GroundUp - 22 November 2019
- Decision on next-gen Isuzu bakkie to be made soon – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 November 2019
- WATCH: Kolisi vows to make a change – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 November 2019
- JBay Surfer Matt McGillivray Edges Closer To Championship Tour Qualification – MyPR.co.za - 22 November 2019