Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Back to Hospital by BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog:
Ten weeks ago, I underwent surgery to relieve pressure on my spinal cord – a lumber decompression – and pain in my butt and legs. Things looked and felt good.
But by Christmas, the pain returned and the walking became more difficult.
For the last two weeks, I have been on cortisone to relieve the pain. Alas, no permanent relief!
So, Thursday saw me at the neurosurgeon’s office again. More surgery has been scheduled for this coming Monday.
The medical aid authorized the procedure on Friday, and I will check in at noon at St Georges Hospital. The instructions are same as last time – nil per mouth from seven am – and no sitting for six weeks after the op!
This is such a disappointment for me. In fact, I am devastated.
I have been told that the risks associated with the second op are greater than first time round, and that the surgery is more painful for both surgeon and patient.
The procedure will take some two to three hours on Monday afternoon. The only thing I look forward to is the anathaesia – that wonderful feeling as the anaethetist inserts the needle and counts down, and somewhere you disappear into the unknown only to wake up a day or so later!
Please hold me up in your prayers, for the surgeon’s safe hands and for full recovery.
In the meantime, today, as America is burdened by a massive snowstorm, we continue to be affected by a heatwave and ongoing drought.
Hopefully, by next week this time, I’ll be home again and we’ll be singing in the rain!
Read more here: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Tigers’ head coach Russell Domingo reaches Dhaka – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 August 2019
- Eastern Cape MEC wants gambling fully legalised in South Africa – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 August 2019
- ‘I did not ask about age,’ says ‘husband’ who allegedly paid R14,000 for 13-year-old bride – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 August 2019
- Long Haul - 20 August 2019
- Brand new bedroom side bed cupboards or for baathroom – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 August 2019