A stop – go operation will be in place for the duration of the closure of the one lane, whilst the drill rig is being moved from Produce Street to Lower Valley Road. Traffic Control vehicles with yellow warning lights will be in the front and rear of the pile rig, together with flagmen in front and rear of pile rig to warn oncoming traffic.
While the drill rig of Franki Pile is drilling, there will be short closures of one lane in Lower Valley Road for about half an hour while concrete is being poured in each pile. The drill rig is expected to finish all work on either Monday 25 February 2019, or Tuesday 26 February 2019.
The MBDA says that they are hoping to keep the disruption of traffic in Lower Valley Road to a minimum, and all traffic control measures will be put in place.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Keep your Eyes peeled for this Brydes Whale in Distress - 24 March 2019
- Father and Son Rescued off Rocks - 24 March 2019
- Brydes Whale in Danger at Riy Banks - 24 March 2019
- Isuzu Southern Kings’ fighting spirit not enough - 24 March 2019
- Cradock 4 Garden of Remembrance - 24 March 2019