This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
Baakens River Mouth in 1860
Image by awstraton
The mouth of the Baaken’s River spanned by the old wood and iron Union Bridge. To the right of Fort Frederick on the hillside is the Military Hospital, formerly the barracks.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: 3 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in St Georges Park - 24 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Woman, boyfriend gruesomely murdered in Mthatha - 24 May 2019
- King Williams Town News: Long term forecast forKing Williams Town, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 24 May 2019
- Founders Lodge Scoops Two 2019 Boutique Hotel Guest Experience Awards – MyPR.co.za - 24 May 2019
- This is orange – Port Elizabeth - 24 May 2019