The Baakens River is currently in flood and the road next to the river is closed.
The Joint Operations Centre, consisting of Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s departments such as Disaster Management, Traffic, Fire and Emergency, Roads and Stormwater, Human Settlements and Communications as well as the South African Weather Services and the South African Police Services, are still doing a sterling job as we deal with flooding, fallen trees and a myriad calls relating to the weather conditions.
We reiterate the call for residents to stay at home as conditions are likely to get worse.
Motorists are warned to be extremely careful and adhere to safe following distances as road surfaces are slippery.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019
- No Payments Made to Afrisec - 29 July 2019