The Baakens River is currently in flood and the road next to the river is closed.
The Joint Operations Centre, consisting of Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s departments such as Disaster Management, Traffic, Fire and Emergency, Roads and Stormwater, Human Settlements and Communications as well as the South African Weather Services and the South African Police Services, are still doing a sterling job as we deal with flooding, fallen trees and a myriad calls relating to the weather conditions.
We reiterate the call for residents to stay at home as conditions are likely to get worse.
Motorists are warned to be extremely careful and adhere to safe following distances as road surfaces are slippery.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Water Shut Off Due To Maintenance Work - 10 July 2019
- On the Non Collection of Refuse - 5 July 2019
- Let me know what challenges you face - 4 July 2019
- Staying ahead of the curve to address community issues a must – Mayor Bobani - 2 July 2019
- Parts of Summerstrand and Humewood Could be Without Water - 26 June 2019