Visit and explore more Port Elizabeth videos.
GoPro time lapse from the 4th and final race sailed on Wild Thing (Russel Morgan) in ABYC Week 1 to 4 May 2014.
The Algoa Bay Yacht Club‘s annual prestige regatta was sailed in Port Elizabeth, South Africa in very light conditions and produced a first in that not one race was sailed over the entire course. Four races were shortened and two abandoned as the fleet struggled in extremely light conditions – http://abyc.co.za/another-first-for-abyc/
In this recording you will see a bit of argy bargy towards the 12 second mark as Wild Thing starboards Orion (Kerry Bonnage) who starboards Unmatched (Graham ‘Weather Mark Wentie’ Wentworth).
Unmatched proceeds to foul Orion, bump Malgas (Tony Bailes) and then get tethered to the weather mark – earning enough penalties to make any crew dizzy!
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Port Elizabeth video.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Less than 7% of children in the Eastern Cape have access to Early Childhood Development Centres - 19 September 2019
- Come clean about looming rolling blackouts Eskom - 19 September 2019
- IIE Rosebank College opens a blended learning campus in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 19 September 2019
- Established Industrialists Invest in New Capacity Accelerating Eastern Cape’s Economy – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 September 2019
- Retailer targets rivers on World Cleanup Day - 19 September 2019