Visit and explore more Port Elizabeth videos.
GoPro time lapse from the 4th and final race sailed on Wild Thing (Russel Morgan) in ABYC Week 1 to 4 May 2014.
The Algoa Bay Yacht Club‘s annual prestige regatta was sailed in Port Elizabeth, South Africa in very light conditions and produced a first in that not one race was sailed over the entire course. Four races were shortened and two abandoned as the fleet struggled in extremely light conditions – http://abyc.co.za/another-first-for-abyc/
In this recording you will see a bit of argy bargy towards the 12 second mark as Wild Thing starboards Orion (Kerry Bonnage) who starboards Unmatched (Graham ‘Weather Mark Wentie’ Wentworth).
Unmatched proceeds to foul Orion, bump Malgas (Tony Bailes) and then get tethered to the weather mark – earning enough penalties to make any crew dizzy!
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Port Elizabeth video.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- BDO in SA buys unit of SNG Grant Thornton Durban – Port Elizabeth Business News - 4 April 2020
- WHO experts ‘worried’ about mental health, give tips to stay sane in lockdown – Lockdown News - 4 April 2020
- BDO in SA buys unit of SNG Grant Thornton Durban – Port Elizabeth in the News - 3 April 2020
- 8 Deaths due to “police action” since start of Lockdown - 3 April 2020
- Birdsong and clear views: coronavirus lockdown clears Paris pollution – Lockdown News - 3 April 2020