The awards ceremony, hosted by Executive Mayor Danny Jordaan, acknowledged the key role that business plays in the economic prosperity and growth of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, which incorporates Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch.
“The Top 50 Company Awards celebrates and congratulates companies on their achievements, their spirit of resilience and action, as well as their contribution to business and the economy in the Nelson Mandela Bay metropole,” Jordaan said.
Continental Tyre, in conjunction with its General Tire brand, has a long and proud history in South Africa dating back to 1949. The company is an industry leader in terms of local production and exports, and is the only tyre manufacturer that supplies original equipment (OE) tyres to all seven local vehicle manufacturers.
“This Top 50 award from the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and the ECDC acknowledges our commitment to the local industry, supporting the economic growth of the region as a key investor and employer,” said Shaun Uys, Managing Director for CTSA. “It reinforces the crucial role that the company plays in the economy, and within the automotive industry as one of the biggest employers in the region.”
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020