Aspiring presenters are invited to audition to MC the Finals of the ACT | DALRO | Nedbank 2013 Scholarship Awards.
After a series of countrywide auditions due to take place in July, the fifth annual ACT | DALRO | Nedbank Performing Arts Scholarships will culminate in a final performance, hosted by UJ Arts & Culture at the University of Johannesburg, on 30 September 2013. Six finalists will have the opportunity to showcase their acting, dancing and singing abilities to a live audience and an independent panel of judges as they compete to win one of three performing arts scholarships, with a combined value of R315 000. Performed in the format of a variety show, the showcase of their talents needs to be brought together by a charismatic presenter into a seamless performance for the audience and judges to enjoy.
“MCing the Performing Arts Scholarship Awards was the best thing that has happened to me!” says Bongani Nomcweya, host of the 2012 Scholarship Awards Finals. He went on to say “MCing the competition opened another door in the Nedbank house – as a result, I also MCed the Nedbank Community Builder’s Awards Ceremony and it was also a great success – I was told I did an ‘Outstanding Job’!” His advice to those auditioning: “They must remember to be their best and to ‘ar-ticu-late’ – one of the things I kept on forgetting to do – and to the one who is going to get it, they must work to keeping the audience’s stomachs painful throughout, but most of all they should have FUN!”
Auditions for the person to fulfill this role of ‘dynamic host’ will take place around the country on the same dates as the auditions for the Scholarships themselves. There is no registration fee, and interested candidates can apply in writing, to Rahiem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions will take place:
- 22 June: Durban, Hosted by the Stable Theatre
- 24 and 25 June: Cape Town, hosted by the Theatre Arts Admin Collective
- 27 June: Port Elizabeth, hosted by the PE Opera House
- 8 and 9 July: Johannesburg, hosted by UJ Arts & Culture
- 13 July: Bloemfontein, hosted by the Mangaung Drama and Dance Group
For more information or to register for participation in the scholarships programme, please visit www.act.org.za.
Author: Fiona Gordon
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: Browsing: Bill Tucker - 19 March 2019
- PE Business News: A Force More Powerful - 19 March 2019
- Uitenhage News: Long term forecast forUitenhage, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 18 March 2019
- King Williams Town News: Two killed in head-on collision near King William’s Town - 18 March 2019
- PE Business News: Brussels to Port Elizabeth flights - 18 March 2019