The opposition party in Nelson Mandela Bay, the ANC, delivered a petition to the new government on 1 December citing 13 ‘areas of concern’.
Here Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Athol Trollip responds to the accusation that the DA led coalition is “scrapping the ATTP” (Assistance To The Poor) programme. In the lead up to the elections the then ANC Government made sweeping changes to the ATTP programme which placed every single property with a municipal valuation of R100 000 or less as part of the ATTP Programme – this brought another 14 000 households onto the list to receive a basket of free services.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Deputy President David Mabuza on Nelson Mandela Day - 18 July 2018
- Presiding Officers of Parliament on Nelson Mandela International Day - 18 July 2018
- 100 Minutes for 100 Years - 18 July 2018
- Feeding the needy on Mandela Day - 18 July 2018
- Sowing Good Seeds in the Baakens Valley for Mandela Day - 18 July 2018