The opposition party in Nelson Mandela Bay, the ANC, delivered a petition to the new government on 1 December citing 13 ‘areas of concern’.
Here Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Athol Trollip responds to the accusation that the DA led coalition is “scrapping the ATTP” (Assistance To The Poor) programme. In the lead up to the elections the then ANC Government made sweeping changes to the ATTP programme which placed every single property with a municipal valuation of R100 000 or less as part of the ATTP Programme – this brought another 14 000 households onto the list to receive a basket of free services.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Black triumphs in toughest Indian Ocean swim in the world - 21 April 2018
- And we are back on the North End Lake for the ABYC Interclub - 21 April 2018
- Today’s Traffic Hooligan is HZP 366 EC - 21 April 2018
- Literacy is the gateway to a better future - 20 April 2018
- Diarise 7 April 2019 Ironmen (and women) - 20 April 2018