The opposition party in Nelson Mandela Bay, the ANC, delivered a petition to the new government on 1 December citing 13 ‘areas of concern’.
Here Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Athol Trollip responds to the accusation that the DA led coalition is “scrapping the ATTP” (Assistance To The Poor) programme. In the lead up to the elections the then ANC Government made sweeping changes to the ATTP programme which placed every single property with a municipal valuation of R100 000 or less as part of the ATTP Programme – this brought another 14 000 households onto the list to receive a basket of free services.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Keep your Eyes peeled for this Brydes Whale in Distress - 24 March 2019
- Father and Son Rescued off Rocks - 24 March 2019
- Brydes Whale in Danger at Riy Banks - 24 March 2019
- Isuzu Southern Kings’ fighting spirit not enough - 24 March 2019
- Cradock 4 Garden of Remembrance - 24 March 2019