The opposition party in Nelson Mandela Bay, the ANC, delivered a petition to the new government on 1 December citing 13 ‘areas of concern’.
Here Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Athol Trollip responds to the accusation that the DA led coalition is “scrapping the ATTP” (Assistance To The Poor) programme. In the lead up to the elections the then ANC Government made sweeping changes to the ATTP programme which placed every single property with a municipal valuation of R100 000 or less as part of the ATTP Programme – this brought another 14 000 households onto the list to receive a basket of free services.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- #Bosasagate: Demands for independent audit on all ANC government contracts with Bosasa - 21 January 2019
- A Fish Farm by any other name - 21 January 2019
- THIS will be a Game Changer for our Taxi Industry - 21 January 2019
- I saw the Big Axe and I knew that they hadn’t come for us…. - 21 January 2019
- Concourt Ruling Says; “For Personal Use” People - 21 January 2019