Today ENCA Reporter, Sikelelwa Mdingi tweeted: In Solomom House Concourse students chanting ‘media go! Media go!’ Just got escorted out! #Wits #Fees2017
#StudentsMustStop misdirecting their anger!
This threat to media comes ‘hot on the heels’ of the burning of the Law Library at Kwazulu-Natal Universities Howard College and stoning of the Great Hall at Wits all by students not happy with the rate of pace at which their fees are NOT falling.
Throw the schoolgirl protests about hair and race into the mix and we are adding fuel to the fire.
It seems to me that this rage is misdirected and millions of taxpayers across the country are asking the one simple question; “Why destroy the halls of learning that offer economic escape to students bright and privileged enough to gain acceptance to university?”
Surely the source of discontent should be directed at those who promised “Free quality education for all” and then let the country down?
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Top Employer for Third Consecutive Year - 22 November 2019
- 2019 Employer of the Year - 22 November 2019
- As a Hetrosexual Male Will You Take part in This Experiment? - 22 November 2019
- Creepy or Not? - 22 November 2019
- Repo rate remains unchanged - 21 November 2019