Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Executive Mayor Athol Trollip officially launched the Library Week by reading stories to learners and interacting with visually impaired residents at the Elukhanyisweni Municipal Library in Kwanobuhle Uitenhage today, March 12, 2018. The Executive Mayor has called on parents to encourage their children to make use of the municipal libraries across the City.
Elukhanyisweni Library is one of the three municipal libraries that has facilities for the visually challenged. The Executive Mayor has committed to mobilise resources to improve to facilities and build more libraries in areas where there is non. He also called on the residents to protect the libraries from criminals activities.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Electricity shutdown to affect supply to a large part of Port Elizabeth - 15 March 2018
- Partial closure of Heugh Road - 14 March 2018
- Sanitary Towels for Alfonso Aries and St Albans Primary schools - 14 March 2018
- Readers are leaders - 12 March 2018
- These Suburbs Won’t Have Electricity This Sunday - 12 March 2018