Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Executive Mayor Athol Trollip officially launched the Library Week by reading stories to learners and interacting with visually impaired residents at the Elukhanyisweni Municipal Library in Kwanobuhle Uitenhage today, March 12, 2018. The Executive Mayor has called on parents to encourage their children to make use of the municipal libraries across the City.
Elukhanyisweni Library is one of the three municipal libraries that has facilities for the visually challenged. The Executive Mayor has committed to mobilise resources to improve to facilities and build more libraries in areas where there is non. He also called on the residents to protect the libraries from criminals activities.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- EC celebrates Africa Day - 25 May 2018
- One hundred new bicycles to improve safety and create jobs in Nelson Mandela Bay - 23 May 2018
- 3900 Kilometres of sewer lines - 22 May 2018
- Essential work at Kudu substation to affect electricity supply to Despatch - 16 May 2018
- Great News! IPTS buses back on the road from tomorrow - 15 May 2018