A 19-year old man was stabbed to death with a homemade assegai on Thursday in Dutywa in the Eastern Cape.
According to police spokesperson Captain Jackson Manatha, it is believed that a misunderstanding between the man, identified as Sibulele Silo, and a 21-year old suspect lead to the attack.
The murder happened in the early hours of the morning after they had a quarrel.
“The elder brother of the deceased managed to stop the quarrel between the two boys,” Manatha said in a statement.
“The 21-year old suspect left and went to his home. He returned at about 03:00 with a homemade assegai and fatally stabbed the deceased on his upper body.”
Community members brought the suspect to the police and he was charged with murder, and the assegai was recovered from the scene.
The man is due in the Dutywa Magistrate’s Court on Monday.
Wim Pretorius, News24
Latest posts by News24Wire (see all)
- Marinda Mills trial date set - 15 March 2016
- MP and official crash into one another - 15 March 2016
- St Albans prison warder kidnapped, raped by escapee - 10 March 2016
- No Witnesses to daylight killing - 19 February 2016
- Port Elizabeth DA councillor guilty of misusing funds - 16 February 2016