The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum will hold an Art Forum on Public Art on Monday 11 April 2011 from 8:30 to 14:30. Topics to be presented for discussion and debate will include shared heritage, public art and politics and a vision for the city.
Two tours of public art in the city will take place on 4 and 16 April 2011. The first tour will concentrate on memorials and monuments while the second will cover public art in the city including colonial history, modern art and the apartheid era and post 1994 which will include Route 67 and the MBDA sculptures. A group of historians and specialists will accompany each tour to give facts and informed opinions as each artwork is examined and discussed as part of a shared history.
A practical workshop on the process/es of moulding and casting will take place from 4 – 8 April 2011.
In May, a presentation and workshop on collaborative work, successes and relationships in the realm of public is being planned. Details of this event will be available at the end of March 2011
If you are travelling to Port Elizabeth and need accommodation then browse our Port Elizabeth Guest Houses and book direct – no fees.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020