A private security officer and community members assisted in the arrest of a 29-year-old suspect. The arrest came after a group of young girls were on their way home Wednesday afternoon at approximately after 17:00 after sport training. While walking they were followed by an unknown man and at the corners of Bognor Street and 9th Ave Summerstrand close to a hotel. The suspect confronted the group of 7 girls and threatened them with a knife and grab a cell phone from a 17- year-old girl. The other girls started to scream when they got the attention of a guard working at the hotel. He ran towards the girls who pointed the direction in which the suspect ran. He ran after the suspect and community members also assisted him. The suspect was apprehended and handed over to SAPS members. The cell phone of the girl was recovered and they confiscated a knife he had in his possession. The suspect will appear in the PE Magistrates’ court on Friday, 16 March 2018 on charges of armed robbery. The investigating officer will also investigate if the suspect could be linked to other cases in the area of Summerstrand.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- One Step Closer for Fish Farms in Algoa Bay as DAFF Receives EA - 28 February 2020
- First Southern Kings start for 23 year-old - 28 February 2020
- Irish internationals return to Connacht squad for Isuzu Southern Kings clash - 28 February 2020
- 100 First aid kits handed over to local schools - 28 February 2020
- Loadshedding? Possibly, Maybe! - 28 February 2020